Here’s the answers to the most popular questions asked about the clinician tool 5MinuteConsult.com.
What is 5MinuteConsult.com?
- 5-Minute Consult helps physicians and healthcare professionals provide the best patient care by providing quick answers they can trust where and when they need it most.
- 5-Minute Consult is a fully integrated digital resource to help guide primary care professionals and clinical students in daily decision support, based on the best-selling clinical content in the family medicine market for over 20 years, giving access to the information needed at the point-of-care. It is the fastest resource to obtain the most likely diagnosis, treatment, and management for thousands of diseases.
I purchased the 5-Minute Clinical Consult, so how is it different?
- As part of 5MinuteConsult.com, we have compiled some of the top point-of-care references into one easy, quick tool that you can reference on the go, and at the point-of-care. There are online-only algorithms, topics, and calculators that you won’t find in the print editions. That’s why we pair the website with the Premium print edition.
How soon after I subscribe will I have access to 5MintueConsult.com?
- If you order online, either by purchasing a subscription, or through entering an Access Code that you received when purchasing a print book, you will receive an email with a username and password that will allow you to access 5MinutConsult.com immediately.
- Individual access
- CLICK HERE to purchase a one, two, or three year individual subscription.
- Institutional access
- CLICK HERE to contact Institutional Sales and gain access to 5MinuteConsult.com for your institution.
How do I renew my individual subscription online?
- You can renew your subscription online by CLICKING HERE and following the on-screen instructions.
- If your subscription has lapsed, you can renew by CLICKING HERE and following the on-screen instructions
- 5MinuteConsult.com is available on any device, including your desktop, laptop, tablet and/or smartphone. 5MinuteConsult.com has been designed to provide an optimized, responsive experience on all mobile devices. There is no charge to access your 5MinuteConsult.com subscription via your mobile device over Wi-Fi networks. Accessing 5MinuteConsult.com through your mobile provider’s data network may result in additional data usage charges on your wireless bill.
Does 5MinuteConsult integrate into my EMR or other secure system?
- 5MinuteConsult.com can be integrated into most systems. Please contact our licensing department at 215.521.8345.
How do I earn CME/CE credits and customize my patient handouts with an institutional subscription?
- Your system administrator will need to create a username for your authenticated access. This will allow you to earn CME/CE credits while you search, as well as personalize patient materials.
- Using the navigation bar/search bar
- 5MinuteConsult.com uses semantic search functionality to provide you with the best search capabilities. Type the phrase or key term you are searching for in the search box and browse the results.
- You can also browse diseases and conditions, algorithms, drugs and more, by using the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- How is the 5MinuteConsult.com search different?
- 5MinuteConsult.com was designed with Silverchair’s patented Cortex Semantic Taxonomy which adds a layer of descriptive metadata to all of the content on the website. This descriptive information allows 5MinuteConsult.com to add context to your search terms and provide more accurate, targeted search results.
- How do I get the most out of my 5MinuteConsult.com search?
- Since the 5MinuteConsult semantic search works best when context can be interpreted by your search terms, the best results are gained when you provide more descriptive search terms for the algorithm to interpret.
- How do I cite a topic from 5MinuteConsult.com?
- Please send your request to email@example.com.
- How do I request permission to reproduce material from 5MinuteConsult.com?
- Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing my subscription
- How do I view or change my password, user name, contact information, or patient education material contact information?
- When you are logged in, click on you name in the top, right hand side of the screen, then click the My Account link from the drop down. From there, you can manage your password, user name, patient education contact information, as well as renew your subscription.
Obtaining CME/CE credits
- What type of CME/CE credits are available?
- Lippincott Continuing Medical Education Institute, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. This point-of-care activity, 5MinuteConsult, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 09/20/2017. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Lippincott CME Institute, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. The Turkish Medical Association (TMA) recognizes programs accredited by the ACCME. Physicians may submit AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ toward their TMA CME/CPD personal board certification requirements. There is no limit to the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ that can be used toward TMA requirements.
- Lippincott Continuing Medical Education Institute, Inc. approves this point-of-care activity for a maximum of 0.5 contact hours. Participants should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. LWW is also an approved provider of continuing nursing education by California CEP 11749.
NOTE: This CE activity is not eligible for credit for nurses in Florida, District of Columbia, or for any professional license for which American Nurses Credentialing Center credit is not accepted, including certified registered nurse anesthetists.
- Why can’t I access CME/CE with my trial?
- As an ACCME accredited organization we undertake significant costs to maintain 5MinuteCounsult.com as a recognized source for physicians and nurse practitioners to earn CME/CE credits. We feel that the cost of a 5MinuteConult.com subscription represents a tremendous value when it comes to earning unlimited credits during the life of your subscription. Due to the cost involved in providing the CME/CE, we cannot provide this service for free during the trial period. We believe that the quality of our product is such that you will see the value of your subscription and the cost savings to you in becoming a paid subscriber and earning unlimited credits.
- How do I earn credits?
- You can earn credits by reviewing topics, then selecting your personalized ‘CME’ or ‘CE’ button and answering a series of questions. When you complete the activity, you can view your credits and redeem them by CLICKING HERE.
- How do I redeem my credits?
- When you are ready to redeem your credits, simply print out your certificates and submit them according to your governing body's required process.
- Are there fees associated with redeeming CME/CE?
- No! One of the added benefits of 5MinuteConsult.com is that there are no hidden fees to redeem your CME/CE credits.
- Why is my CME certificate displaying the wrong date?
- The servers that generate your CME certificates run on UTC, or Coordinated Central Time. The date displaying on the certificate might be affected by this, depending on what time and in what time zone you access it.
- Have a technical issue with, or problems accessing 5MinuteConsult.com?
- Please contact online support at email@example.com or call 1-800-468-1128 M-Th 8 a.m. – 12 a.m., Fri 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sun 4 p.m.-12 a.m. EST.
How do I contact Customer Service
- Click here to fill out our Contact/Feedback form and a member of our Customer Service staff will reply to you.
- Reach our customer Service professionals by phone
- (United States Only) 1.800.468.1128
- (Global Customers) 1.301.223.2344
- Supported operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows: XP, Vista 7
- Apple: Mac OS X
- Supported browsers:
- Firefox version 3 or higher
- Chrome 50 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 9 or higher
- Safari version 4 or higher